Overview : OIG/GAO Liaison
There are approximately 40 to 50 ongoing OIG/GAO reviews
of NIH Programs each year. Due to both increased funding
to the NIH and a heightened interest in health issues,
the number of reviews is rising. The Division of Outside
Review and Liaison (DORL) provides for the central coordination
of all OIG/GAO reviews performed at the NIH. DORL roles
- Advocating for the needs of NIH by asking the OIG/GAO
to also consider issues important to the NIH.
- Place the OIG/GAO in contact with the correct people
and make sure that everyone with a 'need to know' is
aware of the review.
- Help the OIG/GAO plan reviews.
- Deal with issues that arise during a review.
- Hold entrance and exit conferences.
- Ensure that the NIH provides comments on draft reports.
- Track the implementation of any recommendations.
OIG/GAO Liaison Points of Contact
Meredith Stein, Director, DORL, and NIH Audit Liaison
Mary Anne Mazzarino, Program Coordinator
Tiffany Brown, Management Analyst
Amber Simco, Management Analyst